Thursday, May 20, 2010

Tower of London and Abbey Road

This morning my culture professor cancelled 3 out of our 4 classes for next week! Woooo hooo! Then in happiness we had a speaker from an agency that is essentially PR mixed with Advertising. She was a very good speaker and I learned a lot about a field of work which I had known nothing about. I could definitely see myself working for an agency like hers.

Our activity for the day was going to the Tower of London. We started off on a tour group that talked about the construction of the walls and how old they were.The outside wall is 25 feet WIDE! It was hard to following so we decided to do our own thing. The bloody tower was not as creepy as I had anticipated. It's a little uneasy knowing how many people died on the same grounds that you're walking on though. The oldest part held all the armor of past kings like King Charles. It also has the swords and guns used for battle. Next we went into where the royal jewels are kept. We got to see all the gifts that have been given to the queen and all the royal crowns and jewels. It was beautiful!

The next venture was to find Abbey Road. Abbey road is where The Beatles recording studio was and where their album cover photograph was taken. I had so much fun recreating the picture. The cars have to stop for people crossing the road and the majority of the people in the cars know why people are crossing the cross walk. Many of them would turn, wave and smile. This surprised me because in Miami EVERYONE would be honking their horns. Danny and I must have crossed the crossway 8 times. Fortunately we were able to get a great picture! I even took my shoes off! Unfortunately it was just us two... so in our picture we look like Paul and Ringo.

No comments:

Post a Comment