Monday, May 10, 2010

Dublin take II

I was a little off. Dublin is beautiful, and my views of it have completely changed since yesterday. Today I had class in the morning and then went on a bus tour of the city. Our tour guide was an elderly woman who was absolutely adorable. She even sang us a song (of which I can’t remember right now). Apparently our hotel isn’t exactly in the best location because we began our tour by seeing the area of the newly immigrants homes. This would explain why I had such a misconception of Dublin. We then toured around the museums, Trinity College and St. Patrick’s cathedral. All of a sudden there were tons of things that I felt like I need to go back and see before I left Dublin. Our bus got off at St. Patrick’s and we were able to go inside and view it. We also stopped at a park in Dublin were I enjoyed tea and a muffin of some sort, while the others ate an amazing lunch (I had lunch before I left). The food here is incredible. It’s always cooked with veggies and always has some sort of good sauce. I am having difficulties not being able to eat ranch. Hot sauce I can stumble upon sometimes. If I were to ever move here, I would definitely have to bring a suitcase full of the both. The country of Ireland has no ranch whatsoever! These people are missing out! Haha, anyways I think I might be becoming addicted to tea. I have a cup a day two.
Yesterday we walked by Trinity College twice, not knowing what it was. Had I had known then I would’ve gone inside and toured the college as well as seen The Book of Kells. I tried to do that today after the tour. However, the president of somewhere was receiving a personal tour and no one else was allowed in. Wellll excuseeee meee! :( I’m not sure what I’ll be able to squeeze into the rest of my busy week before departing. I wish had the bus tour BEFORE our free day so that way we would have known what we should go see. Tomorrow we are going on an all day excursion to Wicklow and Glendalough. The park is supposedly the biggest park in Europe! Wednesday we have class again and will be visiting the Guinness factory at 2:15 p.m. I am hoping to go to Trinity between then but that might be cutting it close. Thursday morning we leave at 8:20a.m. for London.

As for the weather today… let’s just say I had to pull out the raincoat. It didn’t rain but it was gloomy, cold and wet- just like we were told. I’m still convinced it’ll stay beautiful forever. If not, I’m glad we were lucky enough to enjoy some sun-filled days. I’ve decided that I am a firm believer in the weather patterns affecting one’s emotions and moods. I need sunshine in my life, everyone does. Sunshine sends positive and warm energy into the body. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Steph, I'm glad the city is better than your first impression, same thing happenned to me with Barcelona! I hope you see my comments. Why am I your only follower on the Blog??

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete