Thursday, May 6, 2010

Aran Islands

This morning I enjoyed a breakfast that consisted of sunny side up eggs, mixed with hams and a tomato. I was fully energized for the deep excursion that awaited me. I started out on an hour bus ride to a port, where I then transferred onto a ship that would take me on another hour ride to the Aran Islands- a place that I was soon to find out I would fall in love with. Once we reached the port we were all put into a total of 3 vans and taken up the island. Then we climbed a trail to the top and atlas! BEAUTY! I seriously do not have the words to describe how magnificent this view was. Ireland is by far one of the prettiest places I have ever seen in my life. (Of course Hawaii hold my heart). It's drive me insane to not be able to put into words what my little insignificant eye can see. If my family were to know the risk I put my life into today, they would drop dead. I laid down right over the cliffs on the Aran Islands. Not only was I able to capture beautiful pictures but I was able to soak up the ocean water. The view of the endless ocean and utterly open space is breath taking. My mind ultimately wonders and has absolutely no other happy place.

Right now I am currently blogging from a bar in Galway. The deal is, buy a drink and get the password for free wifi. Definitely good marketing. I have class tomorrow morning at 8 a.m. then at noon we are off to the Cliffs of Moher.


2 comments:

  1. Great job Steph! Barbara says NOT to walk to the cliffs of Moher but to CRAWL to the edge!! Be careful. Watchout for the chaps in the PUBS!!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. stephanie PadronMay 7, 2010 at 1:26 AM

    I laid down at the edge of the Aran Islands. It was breathtaking. I'll definitely be crawling today :)

    ReplyDelete