Thursday, May 20, 2010

Happiness

I've had very interesting assignments for happiness. One was to interview two people and report on how happy they really seem to be. My interview questions were:

1. What is happiness to you
2. What makes you happy today? By today I mean the present.
3. What will make you happy 10 years from now?
4. At the end of your life as you reflect back what do you think would have done to make yourself happier?

These questions appear to be really simply questions but I think when you really reflect and think about the answers to them you can learn a lot about yourself. So I encourage you to answer them on your own!

The other assignment was to do a random act of kindness to a stranger or someone that you haven't spoke to in a long time. As the class discussed this and as I've spoken to various people through the trip I've realized how blessed I am to have my friends and be as close to my family as I am. A lot of people said they were going to write a letter to an old best friend that they hadn't spoken to in years. I thought about who I could write a letter to and absolutely no body came to mind. Every best friend that I have made I still remain fairly close to and at least talk to often. Many people also have talked about how they hardly have spoken to their families since they have been here. And all I could think about was how I talk to at least once member of my family at least once every two days if not every day.

All around I am just extremely appreciative of what I have been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment