Monday, April 12, 2010

Believe in travel

Ever since I was a kid I've been fascinated with traveling. I enjoy experiencing other culture, and witnessing the good and even the bad of what countries have to offer. I think about how many places I have had the opportunity of visiting and to your average person, it's a lot. But when I compare it to the list of places I've still yet to conquer, it doesn't even compare!

I've come to realize that as many things as schooling can teach, the real knowledge is learned by experience. Instead of wondering how things are, travel allows you to see things as they are. Travel turns imagination into reality. Through travel you can learn how to better your own country or how to appreciate it. Through travel you experience risk, you trust and you second guess; you take a moment to appreciate the finer things that you don't appreciate at home. Through travel you discover.

I'll be studying abroad in May 2010 to Ireland and London- curiosity of my wonderful grandparents and the University of Florida.

In the words of my favorite writer, Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.”

No comments:

Post a Comment